It's Never too Early
The future may seem a long way off to elementary and middle school students. Nevertheless, the sooner they begin to see the connection between what they're studying in school and the work they will do when they leave school, the better prepared they will be.
Going to college requires organization, planning, and preparation. To be prepared for college do the following throughout your high school years:
- take college prep courses
- make the best grades you possibly can
- get involved in school and community activities
- develop your skills and talents and pursue your personal interests
- gather information about your college choices and options
- save money for college
- take dual-credit courses
Cammie Evans, College & Career Planner
"If you are going to achieve excellence in big things, you develop the habit in little matters. Excellence is not an exception, it is a prevailing attitude."